Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for a Litigation Paralegal in Reston - VA. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced paralegal to become part of a premier in-house legal team.
In this role, you will play a key role in supporting all aspects of the company’s litigation portfolio and the attorneys who handle disputes and litigation-related matters, as well as providing substantive expertise concerning eDiscovery processes, workflows, and industry-standard best practices. You will report directly to the VP & Senior Assistant General Counsel for Litigation/Investigations.
- Provide litigation and case management support, including responding to discovery requests; issuing litigation holds; custodian management and compliance; data preservation, collection, production, and destruction; and tracking departed custodian assets.
- Manage the company’s e-Discovery process and evaluate and develop related policies and procedures; serve as the point of contact for eDiscovery-related matters and inquiries; keep up-to-date with evolving industry eDiscovery and litigation trends.
- Facilitate the preservation, collection, analysis, production and review of Electronically Stored Information.
- Manage the retention and disposition of litigation-related records.
- Maintain and update a centralized case management repository.
- Work with in-house and outside counsel to respond to discovery and other requests.
- Assist with and/or manage responses to subpoenas and various requests from government agencies or other 3rd parties, e.g., Inspector General, grand jury and third party subpoenas; employment and business records requests; garnishment orders.
- Coordinate the tracking and handling of service of process (SOP) issues.
- Conduct legal and other research.
- Special projects and other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and 8+ years of prior relevant legal experience, including corporate / in-house experience.
- Completion of an ABA-approved paralegal program.
- Experience with complex litigation support.
- Advanced knowledge and practical application of e-Discovery requirements, industry standards and best practices.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote and Teams; advanced knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Working knowledge of common collaboration tools, such as Share Point, Slack and Igloo.
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new software applications and tools.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of litigation and dispute-related matters.
- Self-motivated and able to complete tasks without extensive supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of program and functional staff, senior management and external counsel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism, integrity and collegiality.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workflow and adjust to workload fluctuations.
- Aptitude and willingness to work with complex requirements and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Ability to work well under pressure, facilitate solutions and meet deadlines and milestones for projects assigned.
- Active Virginia notary public commission a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Attorney Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.