Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has an opening for a Platform Solution Architect in Austin, TX. This role is contingent upon contract award. The work is expected to be located in Austin, TX, may also be located in Reston, VA.
The selected candidate will be responsible for working closely with engineering leads, and customer stakeholders to drive current and future program results that drive efficiency within the program and improve service delivery to the customer. The Solution Architect will engage with all technical teams on the program, establish logical and physical architectures, lead technical designs, determine priorities, scope additional work, collect and report status, review/approve changes, and ensure tasks are completed on time within the VA environment.
- Oversees technical delivery and application architecture and ensures alignment with the Enterprise Architecture (EA) for all solutions delivered under this Program with specific focus on the Service Now product and integrations with it.
- Development of the solutions on the platform with specific focus on the Service Now.
- Develop product specifications against customer and derived requirements
- Lead engineering resources to develop product to meet or exceed defined requirements.
- Establish roadmaps, best practices, lessons learned, and technological approaches for modernization capabilities including WAN, Cloud, Software Defined Networking (SDN), Micro-segmentation, Zero Trust Networking, and other modern technologies
- Ensure product design meets the technical, cost and schedule metrics as provided by management.
- Work with the customer and external stakeholders to accomplish program goals in which we are dependent on them completing tasks. This would include the issues, risks, dependencies, and making sure action plans are documented and executed accordingly.
- Build strong professional working relationships with stakeholders to resolve disputes, define technical solutions, and drive positive change within the program.
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost/risk, and supportability effectiveness analyzes for systems across the VA network.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 10 yrs experience. 10 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- ITIL certification
- Scrum Master Certified
- ServiceNow Certified Administrator
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer
- Platform Solution Architect will demonstrate knowledge of Cloud solutions and PaaS platforms to include: AWS; ServiceNow; Mulesoft; OKTA; Tableau; and BOX.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder per the contract requirements
- Experienced professional in contract performance with demonstrated technical lead and customer relationship building in the performance and growth of contracts. Capable of generating on-contract-growth through insertion of innovation and technology on existing programs.
- Experienced senior solution architect that understands competitor/teammate technology offerings and can negotiate and influence others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches has worked successful partnerships with suppliers on programs.
- Experience identifying and assessing business impacts to proposed changes to a largely technical solution or enterprise operations.
- Experience managing large teams of engineers to implement, manage and monitor integrated systems.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.