The Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR)/Mission Equipment Package (MEP) Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (PED) Division of the Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Senior Software Safety Engineer to use their experience to develop a new version of the ground control station for Product Development Directorate- Common Systems Integration (PdD-CSI). In support of this program, the position as a Senior Software Safety Engineer will be to support US Army programs located in Huntsville, Alabama. The Senior Software Safety Engineer will support Agile software development activities for the UASGCSv4 within the Defense Group. In this role you will be expected to contribute to hardware/software development, model based engineering, and integration activities focusing primarily on software safety.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assign the Software Criticality Index required to design, develop and maintain mission-critical software in support of unmanned systems, and intelligence gathering products for ground based systems
- Determine the Development Assurance Level (DAL) for each software component developed in support of unmanned systems, and intelligence gathering products for ground based systems
- Participate in laboratory, ground and flight testing to validate software
- Document and communicate software safety considerations as part of an integrated, cross-functional engineering team in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of quality products and enhance skillsets
- Create software solutions that meet FACE 3.0 and UCS version 3.4 conformance
- Contribute to investments and research that fuel innovation and technological advancements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or software engineering with minimum 3.0 GPA and less than eight (8) years prior relevant experience
- Experience programming in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, or C#
- Experience in embedded avionics software development
- Experience with the Agile software development process IAW USG defined requirements
- Experience with MIL-STD 882E and/or DO-178C
- Experience with data modeling and other MBSE tools/techniques
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to convey technical ideas in a clear, logical fashion
- Ability to translate highly technical discussions into executable plans.
- Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a SECRET security clearance
- Experience in system integration and field testing activities is a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.