The DHMSM program provides modernization of Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities for the Department of Defense. The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking candidates for the systems engineering team to support a number of positions to define, implement, deploy and sustain new capabilities for the MHS GENESIS DoD EHR system.
Leidos is seeking a candidate to serve the DHMSM Release Manager. The selected individual must be able to efficiently provide oversight, management, and execution of the entire release management lifecycle for the DHMSM program. The Release Manager, will work closely with the System Integration/DevOps and Operations teams as well as Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, Architects, and Operations Engineering/Manager to perform and manage the full spectrum of release management activities. Additionally, provide ongoing release and production monitoring support after each release is deployed. He/she must have the ability to effectively interface with customers, system administrators, database team members, software developers, and senior-level management. The candidate will work/collaborate closely with the System Integration/DevOps and Operations teams as well as the Lead SE and Systems Engineers, architects, software, data, test, and devops engineers as well as scrum-masters on the following key tasks:
• Manage and oversee entire software release effort to successfully deploy software releases to include hotfixes, defect tracking, production operations status reporting
• Lead software release meetings and oversee release team execution to deliver product on schedule
Obtain solid understanding of software features in order to plan for current and upcoming releases
• Document release rollout plans/tasks, risks and maintain schedule for release rollouts
• Hold daily release tag-ups/scrum and document minutes/actions/status
• Generate work tickets for release tasks and assign to team members
• Participate in release planning, scrum of scrums, bug triage and other pertinent meetings
• Coordinate with test team members on release/hotfix testing
• Establish release processes, perform process improvements, and document processes
• Report release status to PM staff and Customer as needed
• Assist with resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
• Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed
- US Citizenship required-Must possess an active DoD public trust.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience with 8+ years in software development, release management, or systems engineering or 4 additional years in lieu of degree
- At least 2+ years’ experience working as a software Release Manager for large scale systems using agile methodology
- Demonstrable knowledge with managing and overseeing entire release management cycle to include hotfixes, defect tracking, production operations status reporting
- Demonstrable experience in documenting releases, risks and in maintaining the schedule of planned releases and ability to lead software release meetings and oversee release team execution to deliver product on-time
- Knowledge of systems engineering concepts (requirements, design, etc.), systems engineering processes, and applying these concepts to software-intensive systems and release management cadence
- Excellent project management and planning skills. Sustained track record of successfully managing multiple programs/projects concurrently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with testers, systems engineers, architects, software developers, management as well as ability to work with multiple teams to release software
- Familiarity with agile software development processes and products (release and sprint planning, product backlog management/refinement, retrospectives, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
- Experience and domain knowledge
- Advanced technical degree or systems engineering or software development/process certifications
- Experience with software systems integration and incremental software development
- Able to function within a large development team; interfacing, creating schedules, briefings, and status reports
- Must be able to interact effectively with the team of engineers/developers AND customers
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.