Leidos is seeking a talented Project Manager who can successfully collaborate multiple stakeholders to include product owners, engineers, architects and developers to produce high quality applications in a fast-paced environment. This position is located in the Northern Virginia area and requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
- Lead and facilitate meetings (technical and non-technical) involving multiple stakeholders
- Provide forward facing management of expectations and ensure satisfaction with the end product
- Identify, escalate, and/or resolve budgetary and technical impediments and ensure deliverables are met on a timely basis
- Proactively manage multiple projects and tasks
- Participate in special projects as required
- Actively participate in Agile Scrums and Sprints
- Create and maintain business process best practices
- Participate in IT change management activities
- Develop and manage Service Agreements and Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Develop and manage project schedules and budgets
- The ideal candidate will: Work with partners as well as technical project team members to define a project roadmap, work project teams to identify best-fit technical solutions, develop cost estimates, develop project documentation, identify technical risks and develop mitigation strategies, identify and manage dependencies with other systems and elements of the IT. Candidate must have strong communication skills to build an effective team and ensure business needs are properly translated into quantifiable requirements.
- Requires BA degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience
- Knowledge of the Software project life cycle process
- Experience with the Agile Methodology
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to effectively understand and communicate orally, in writing, and interpersonally to various audiences
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals
- Experience with the Working Capital Fund
- Experience managing projects in an Agile environment
- PMP Certified
- Experience building cost/benefit analysis
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.