The NISC III program within the Civil group at Leidos is seeking a Business Process / Industrial Engineer to help support the FAA customer.
In this role, you will leverage, benchmark, and research best business practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data and drive consistencies across the organization when applicable.
Primary Responsibilities for the position include:
- Develop, monitor and report organizational metrics for Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) including, but not limited to:
- Requirements gathering, data extraction/transformation, effectively displaying visual information, alignment with organizational strategic initiatives, and automating reports and/or processes.
- Monitor key performance indicators, determine gaps in performance metrics, and recommend change management techniques for efficiency and quality improvements.
- Obtain quantitative and qualitative data of processes to analyze, determine, and promote data driven decisions.
- Collaborate with functional areas to develop and maintain performance metrics, measurements, methods and targets.
- Assist functional managers in mapping and documenting complex business processes.
- Interact with executives and senior management on significant technical matters frequently requiring coordination across organizational lines.
- Normally requires a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or other related discipline and 4+ years of experience or a Master’s degree with 2+ years of experience.
- Additional years of experience can be used to off-set a degree at the hiring manager's discretion.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Ability to conduct detailed data analysis on process performance to identify systemic organizational issues and develop Business Process Re-engineering/Continuous Process Improvement project proposals to resolve issues.
- Ability to manage conflicting interests of stakeholders and develop effective solutions.
- Must have strong organizational and scheduling skills, with particular attention to detail.
- Make optimal use of resources to complete activities within established schedules.
- Ability to effectively communicate via oral, written reports and presentations) with a wide range of audiences including Senior Executives, Managers and FAA employees.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Process
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.