The Government Health and Safety Solution Operation is seeking a highly skilled DevOps Engineer with a background in configuring fully automated CI/CD pipeline/workflows and in supporting J2EE stack based applications to support our federal client within a fast paced DevOps environment in Silver Spring or Rockville, MD.
• Install and manage various components of DevSecOps pipeline at the Enterprise level to support highly complex large-scale application landscape and data center environment (both on-premises and in GovCloud)
• Configure DevSecOps pipeline to support development and delivery of mobile applications
• Use applications architecture experience to review and understand the design/architecture of several hundred applications; work with the technical lead and other stakeholders to recommend enterprise level application-development modernization standards
• Research/recommend the best practices on GitLab branching, Jenkins CI/CD plug-ins/ workflows, code review/scans best practices/tools, automated testing practices, etc.
• Prototype areas to integrate Cloudbees/Jenkins with third party tools to support all the source code management, development, automated testing, deployment and security requirements
• Work with the DevSecOps engineering team to recommend, prototype, install and configure DevSecOps eco-system including tools like Jenkins, Fortify, GitLab, SonarQube, Selenium, Docker, etc.
• Work with the application team leads and architects to define software development and automated testing standards; introduce Test solutions such as Test/Behavior Driven development while showing a working knowledge of Cucumber, Gherkin, Karma, Jasmine,etc.
• Work closely with the representatives of several hundred legacy application teams and assist with transitioning those teams to DevSecOps based platforms
• Assist with documenting the Agile development and delivery workflows while aligning those with the Scrum based agile processes
• Ensure availability of DevSecOps environment by proactively administering the systems
• Work closely with the data center operations teams to support the operations on systems hosting DevSecOps eco-system
•Bachelor’s Degree and 7+ years of overall IT experience at a senior level technical role supporting enterprise systems/application development projects
• 3+ years of experience in supporting DevSecOps platforms while designing, installing, configuring and maintaining various components of the pipeline ecosystem
• Expertise in linux systems administration/engineering
• Experience designing DevSecOps pipelines for application development teams with Containerization or Cloud-based deployment solutions
• Exposure to Microservices based architecture
• 3+ years of experience with DevOps CI/CD pipeline tools such as Jenkins (open source or enterprise), GitLab, TravisCI or Atlassian Bamboo
• Experience migrating legacy applications into a containerized or cloud-based platform
• Experience integrating GitHub and CI/CD pipeline tools to support software releases
• Exposure to Agile development and deployment methodologies; experience with industry leading Test frameworks, tools and platforms
• Experience with Code Scans and application level security and monitoring solutions
• Experience with Linux systems design, engineering and administration experience with demonstrated advancement to guide technology decisions
• Strong conceptual, analytical, judgment and communication abilities.
Requires ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
• Previous experience supporting a federal agency
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.