The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Systems Administrator to work in our San Diego, CA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience providing advanced computing solutions in a heterogeneous environment. This multi-faceted position requires a firm working knowledge of Linux, Windows and ESXi systems in order to successfully support our continuous integration and continuous delivery environment.
- Configuration, setup and maintain all systems in a mixed network of Linux and Windows with a large number of vSphere ESXi virtual machines providing continuous integration and delivery
- Manage daily break/fix scenarios, updates, backups, monitoring and user requests
- Secure and maintain all systems to meet RMF requirements
- Work with our customer and vendors to identify requirements and plan for future solutions
- Create and maintain SOPs
- Patch management
- Hardware troubleshooting (COTS PC, printer, networks, encryptors, switches)
- Monitor ticket queue to ensure tasks are addressed in a timely manner according to priority
- Diligent adherence to best practices and provide the highest quality of service and support
- Monitor and maintain system performance, recommend changes and upgrades
- Bachelors’ degree with 8+ years, Masters’ degree with 6+ years, or 12+ years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Expert working knowledge of RedHat Linux subsystems – SSS/LDAP/Kerberos against AD, NFS, SELinux, IP Tables, MD devices, LUKS, PAM, GRUB, process management and performance tuning
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server and Active Directory, DNS, and Security
- Working knowledge of VMWare vSphere ESXi Hypervisor and supporting hardware
- Must have a demonstrated high level understanding of RAID systems and server hardware
- Understanding of application and OS security, virus scanning, and patching in an RMF environment
- Must have a demonstrated high level of skill resolving operational issues as a result of high STIG compliance
- Must be able to demonstrate advanced Bash scripting skills
- Must have an active Secret clearance
- Excellent customer service skills and clear communications both written and oral
- Self-starter capable of working through daily tasks with minimal supervision
- Advanced Linux Certifications
- Advanced programming skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.