The NISC III program within the Civil group at Leidos is seeking a UAS/C-UAS Strategic Communications & Planning Professional in support of the FAA customer.
In this role, you will support the FAA System Operations Security Group in the development of a systematic plan for consistent information activity within the FAA and other organizations and stakeholders.
You will need to understand, develop, and communicate long-range goals, plans, and programs in the operational deployment and use of Counter-Unmanned Aerial Systems (C-UAS) into the National Airspace System (NAS).
Assist the government in addressing a broad range of issues associated with the integration of Unmanned Airspace Systems (UAS) in the NAS from a security perspective.
- Development of multiple mitigation plans in the use of Counter-UAS (C-UAS) technology in the NAS.
- Support strategic communication plans to distribute these mitigation plans to various stakeholders, including municipalities and airports, and support a plan for distribution.
- Provide solutions to complex airspace situations for NAS stakeholders in developing C-UAS mitigation plans related to their specific needs.
- Support the operational deployment and use of Counter-UAS (C-UAS) technology as it pertains to FAA security with the following:
- Assist in developing a long-range tactical plan.
- Identify risks and associated mitigations.
- Identify Measures of Evaluation through key metrics and reports.
- Support meetings among government agencies.
- Track and Report planned UAS Security related activities.
- Provide detailed and updated reports of C-UAS operational deployments.
- Provide written products to the government when required.
- Support related briefings regarding UAS Security items for public, local, state and federal stakeholders when required.
- Normally requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years, Masters with 6 – 10 years, or Doctorate degree with 4 - 8 of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of experience can be substituted for a degree at the hiring manager's discretion.
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Significant experience with writing, preferably within an educational setting or with a US Government customer.
- Knowledge of the FAA Air Traffic System preferred.
- Air Traffic Controller (ATC) experience preferred.
- Additional experience in Management, Traffic Management Units (TMU), Airspace and Procedures Staff time, also preferred.
- Background with UAS and C-UAS technology preferred.
- Familiarity with NOTAMs, Domestic Events Network (DEN), Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs); Military Operating Areas (MOAs; Special Airspace Activities (SAA) preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desirable but not required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.