Leidos is seeking a senior scientist to lead a challenging new opportunity. This scientist will oversee all aspects of the technical effort, which includes managing a small team of scientists and engineers, collaborating with key stakeholders, and communicating findings. The candidate must have an extensive background in broadband RF signal processing including spread spectrum signal processing. He/she must also have experience with large volume data analysis.
- Lead all aspects of the technical effort to include: design and evaluate RF signal processing techniques, develop novel software methods to support RF signal discovery, and communicate findings to the customer
- Manage a small team of signal processing scientists and engineers
- Translate high-level functional goals into tasks and execute them
- Develop, model, and test algorithms in Matlab, C/C++, Python, or GNU Octave to advance capabilities and robustness in complex environments
- Communicate results in briefings and written material to team, customer, and management
- Analyze results from simulation or real data to identify root causes and trends
- Plan and perform analytical and engineering research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications.
- Listen to customer needs and develop technical solutions and new ideas to respond to BAAs/RFPs and to market to existing customers
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant areas plus minimum of 10 years of experience or Master’s degree in relevant area with minimum of 8 years of experience
- Must have an in-scope Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS security clearance
- Fluency in Matlab, C/C++, Python, GNU Octave or similar language, with ability to learn Matlab within a short period of hire
- Experience with signals intelligence (SIGINT) systems, antennae configurations, sensor arrays, developing and testing algorithms, and geolocation tracking techniques.
- Strong analytical skills and experience in the areas of adaptive filter theory, spectral estimation, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra, and/or stochastic processes
- Proven record, appropriate to candidate’s years of experience, of innovation for both posing and solving complex signal processing, detection, estimation, and tracking related problems
- Experience with large volume data analysis, including broadband data management systems.
- Adaptability to new challenges with a strong motivation to grow and learn in new areas
- Ability to interact with key stakeholders, SMEs, program personnel, and management
- Current TS clearance
- Prior experience in Electronic Warfare signals processing algorithm development, working with both simulated and real data
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML), exploratory data analysis (EDA), and parallel processing
- Experience contributing to proposals responding to DoD BAAs and/or RFPs
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Signal Processing Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.