Leidos is seeking a senior systems engineer to support a challenging new opportunity. This scientist will oversee all aspects of the systems engineering effort, which includes collaborating with a small team of scientists and engineers, engaging with key stakeholders, and communicating findings. The candidate must have an extensive background in Navy C4ISR systems, SIGINT, and real-time data management and storage. The candidate will analyze and develop plans and designs for C4I systems capabilities and develop integration and implementation plans and schedules as well as evaluate and make recommendations concerning Commercial and Government Off the Shelf (COTS/GOTS) hardware and software applications. The candidate will monitor the status of projects, prepare milestone reports, and present status reports to program managers and client staff. The chosen individual will provide technical and administrative support for systems installation, testing, administration, maintenance, and programming, as well as provide operation and maintenance support of C4I systems to include system administration, troubleshooting and repair of existing systems and/or networks. The candidate will provide support to install and upgrade C4I architectures as directed by the customer.
- Become a subject matter expert on current and future Navy SIGNIT/IO systems.
- Have a solid knowledge of network protocols, Windows, Linux, and UNIX operating systems
- Possess state-of-the-art knowledge of World Wide Web, Intelink, and intranet technology, processes, and applications
- Possess current knowledge of DoD Information Security Policies and Programs for COMPUSEC and INFOSEC, multi-level security, and emerging information warfare concepts
- Have an understanding of military operations, organizations, and operational information requirements
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills, be customer service oriented, and possess project management skills
- Demonstrate an ability to methodically and proactively analyze problems and identify solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field (Master’s preferred)
- More than 8 years’ experience in C4I related activities
- TS/SCI Clearance required
- 10+ years of experience with Navy SIGINT/IO systems
- DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II – Security +
- Self-motivated with minimal supervision
-MCSE certification highly desired
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.