Leidos' Business Development (BD) & Strategy organization of the Intelligence Group is seeking an
Operations Business Development & Strategy Vice President in support of the Cyber and SIGINT Solutions (CSS)
Operation. This position will be located with our team in Columbia, MD.
The CSS Operation delivers world-class cyber and SIGINT services and solutions to include research, prototyping, development, integration, training, deployment, operations and sustainment, using Agile development methodology, in support of our Intel Community and DoD customers.
In this role, you are expected to thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals.
You are expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity. You will develop the overall BD strategy, as well as internal and external partnerships, business plans and associated marketing assigned with the Operation.
You will manage a team of business development professionals, including capture managers, BD leads and BD analysts,
in achievement of the Operations short and long-term business development goals. You will ensure that the Operation maintains a healthy pipeline of opportunities and executes cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives. Essentially, you will drive Leidos’ analytics, tools and platforms expertise into new and evolving mission
- Partners with the Operations SVP to support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which
support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline
- Identifies, develops, and implements near-term and long-term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity
to grow revenue.
- May have other business development activities, such as investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions,
divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities and
sustainability to determine if such activities are in line with the organization's overall strategy and vision.
- Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share.
- Participates in business planning activities, to include weekly pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda
development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator
workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Monitors the Operation’s pipeline, establishes BD priorities and recommends the allocation of resources
- Manages a team of up to 15 business development professionals.
- Responsible for creating workforce and staffing plans for function/families to ensure efficient use of resources. Ensure
staff are focused on the Operations’ priorities.
- Develops and implements the Operations’ strategy based on market research and Corporate direction.
- Coordinates with Leidos organizations who perform cyber solutions and emerging technologies in other markets
Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements,
acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of Business Development related experience, including 12 years of experience
supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Proven track record of successful capture and pipeline management across multiple Intel community organizations and
program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience working directly with Intel Community and DoD personnel
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
- Travel as required up to 10% per month
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer
relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- Must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
- Experience with Intel Community/DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams,
assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win
business with new and existing customers
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid
working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across
- Management of a pipeline of opportunities with a value of $3 billion or greater
- A technical degree is highly desired. Advanced degree preferred
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.