Leidos is seeking a Senior Distribution Engineer to join our team in Rochester, NY and/or Syracuse, NY. The successful candidate will supervise between 15-20 people developing construction work packages for the electric distribution system using various software systems and construction standards. Project work will mainly include joint use make ready of electric facilities to facilitate the attachment of communication cables to utility poles. Work packages will be developed using Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, Work Management Systems (WMS), and other client systems. Project work will require performing engineering calculations that may include: structural analysis of poles, guying, cable pulling, fault currents, and coordination of protective devices. Assignments may also include: preparing forestry trimming requests, facilitating permit and Right-of-Way acquisition, development of a BOM, and estimating costs. Work assignments may include travelling by motor vehicle to various project locations located throughout the area to conduct field investigations.
• Opportunity for engineering management
• QAQC of client deliverables
• Maintaining compliance within client engineering and construction specification
• Identification of conflicting utilities
• Performing engineering and design calculations and work permit development
• Maintain safe work practices and while maintaining compliance within the project scope, schedule and budget
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelors of Science in Engineering degree (EE preferred) is required and 5+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters degree with 3+ years: relevant experience is either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing design engineering
• Professional Engineer preferred
• Experience with the National Electric Safety Code (NESC)
• Experience using CAD tools
• Experience with software such as: PoleForeman, Bentley OpenUtilities Designer, GE Smallworld, Maximo or related products
• Experience with distribution make ready design for 3rd party attachments
• Must be comfortable in both a field and office setting
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds
• Must be able to walk up to 2 miles on unpaved surfaces
• Candidate must provide their own reliable transportation (local customer/job related travel is anticipated and will be reimbursed at IRS approved rates)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Distribution Design Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.