Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Senior Software Developer in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) program.
The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 37,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services. Leidos is actively seeking personnel to support USACE District location in Rock Island, IL and WORK 100% REMOTELY.
We are looking for a Software Developer to build and implement functional programs. You will work with other Developers and Product Managers throughout the software development life cycle. The responsibilities for this position include all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. You will get a chance to exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer facing, fast paced, agile environment.
- Provide recommendations on web services features to enable and how to use them
- Manage ColdFusion farms (production and staging), and several (20+) instances of ColdFusion;
- Manage Windows Apache systems; support through the service life cycle including maintain and patch
- Installation and configuration of IIS to host custom .NET, PHP, and other various applications/application frameworks
- Work with the other departments in designing, staging configuration, implementation and support as applicable.
- Participate in the part software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours or modified schedule for planned or emergency work.
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics
- Develop maintainable code that matches specification
- Perform unit testing of code, including manipulation of data for analysis of system requirements
- Own the delivery of all of parts of a system or application
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university/college in IT or related field. One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education.
- This position requires Current DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification (examples include: Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC and/or SSCP) and corresponding Computing Environment certification.
- The ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- At least 4-8 years of practical experience working as a software developer.
- Understanding multiple programming languages.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.