Leidos is seeking a User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) Design Lead with Agile DevSecOps experience to lead UI/UX for a critical customer in the Washington DC area. The Design Lead will own the UI and UX process from cradle to grave: ie. completing, coordinating, delegating. The UI/UX Design lead will work with multiple agile teams to establish standards and best practices for UI/UX development across multiple teams.
The successful DevSecOps UI/UX Design Lead shall:
- Organize and oversee all UI/IX activities necessary to perform the program to meet customer requirements.
- Develop strategy and implementation plan for modernizing the UI and UX of a large and complex enterprise system
- Collaborate with agile teams to build, test and document reusable UI components and provide technical feedback.
- Collaborate with Software Engineers to build prototypes, POCs, and production UIs.
- Mentor and provide subject matter expertise through code review, pairing and presentations.
- Help design and develop reusable UI components and strategy
- Communicate daily with government customers to brief during stand-ups, gather and clarify requirements, and troubleshoot issues
- Inspire, lead, direct and manage multiple Agile teams in support of a diverse set of government customers.
Shall have a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the Information Technology field focusing on engineering projects with specific Business and UX Design inclusive of the following:
- Experience with architecture & design experience, including at least three (3) years of experience providing UX Design expertise for enterprise applications on AWS.
- Expertise in ReactJS / AngularJS / VueJ
- Experience with large scale, high performance enterprise application deployment and UX Design on complex heterogeneous environments.
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to attain a public trust clearance
- Experience working with Agile teams within the Department of Homeland Security.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.