The Control Account Manager’s responsibilities include schedule planning and status, measurement of accomplishment, actual cost collection, variance analysis and resultant corrective action, and estimating costs at completion as they relate to Earned Value Management. The CAM assures technical scope, schedule, and budget are integrated. The CAM is accountable to the Program Manager for Control Account Performance.
- Report to the PM/DPM
- Control the financial management of a Control Account (CA) or Technical Task Order (TTO)
- Participate as an Agile Team Member for the PMO Scrum team
- Maintain a current Estimate to Complete for all work within the CA/TTO
- Author a Monthly Status Report (MSR) or Variance Report (VR) for each TTO or CA each accounting period
- Participate in the monthly business rhythm of the program with the Business Team Lead
- Request authorization from the COR for activities within the CA or TTO that are within scope but not authorized
- Respond to requests from the cognizant COR for each CA or TTO
- Serve as the primary non-technical POC for the COR for activities within the CA or TTO
- Designate the primary technical POC to the COR and to any other stakeholders
- Participate in any technical discussions, meetings, reviews, etc. as necessary to maintain situational awareness within the CA or TTO
- Send staffing requests to the Staffing Coordinator
- Notify the Staffing Coordinator for any staffing changes within the CA or TTO
- Handle procurement requests from staff within the CA or TTO or from the COR to buy equipment
- Ensure that the authorization to expend funds (labor, materials, ODC) within the CA or TTO are within budgetary constraints
- Review Weekly Hours Reports to ensure that charging within the account is correct
- May request information from the Business Team as needed to answer business questions from the PM or COR
- Approve funding for subcontractors to fulfill CA or TTO requirements
- Approve timecards for subcontractors
- Participate in responses to RFIs, RFPs, or Requests for a ROM
- Requires a BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of demonstrated experience in conducting requirements analysis, resource allocation, project costing, deliverable tracking, schedule and financial data monitoring, and reporting.
- Knowledgeable of the guidelines of FAR, DFARS, DoD 5000 series and ICD 801
- PMP, FAC-P/PM Entry Level or DAWIA Level 1 certification required
- An active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Previous experience as a Control Account Manager or Project Lead is preferred
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.