This position will assist the ITEMS UFS Service Transition Manager to impact and coordinate broad system, hardware and software changes into operational environments while helping teams improve CM and Test rigor. Key roles include: coordinating stakeholders (across programs and teams) to develop needed engineering solutions; driving change requests through CM processes and test workflows to ensure process compliance and service continuity; recommending ways to reduce risk or accelerate delivery timelines; ensuring repeatable processes and current documentation.
The ITEMS UFS Service Transition organization includes transition planning; service testing and related test environment administration; release and deployment management; and training and knowledge management.
This hands-on role requires attention to detail, with very good organization skills and ability to pivot between highly visible customer priorities: a combination of inflexible and shifting deadlines.
This role joins a good-natured team who are motivated to take their teamwork and process maturity to the next level. This role provides excellent visibility of the hardware/software change management and test processes across the program and interfacing organizations. This role provides opportunity to analyze cross-team requirements, workflows and tools, socialize trade-offs and build consensus, then drive improvements. Your ideas, suggestions and concerns will be welcomed.
• Guide hardware/software changes into operational environments, across architectures: Windows-7, Windows-10, Windows Servers, Solaris, RHEL, personal devices
• Work to understand and use program and customer CM tools, especially Service+
• Streamline test and CM workflows, collaborating with other service delivery managers
• Maintain service transition documentation and help author key program CDRLs and SOPs (e.g., Release and Deployment Management Plan and Test CONOPS)
• Assess workflows and environments used for pre-operational maintenance and test activities, driving efficiencies and environment consolidations
• Help teams assess software CM controls and drive needed actions to improve posture and consistency
• Update project schedules, action items and status charts
• Support BOE (estimation) for new work
• Drive problems to closure, engaging needed stakeholders to reach solutions
• Supports complex problems: Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
• Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, and identifies root causes. Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks or projects.
• Oversees and monitors work that impacts Service Transition, ensuring repeatable processes and on-time deliveries.
• Strong communicator who shares information across stakeholders, including customer, program management and SMEs, vendor, external program POCs
Education & Experience:
• Requires Bachelors Degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.