Description: Leidos currently has an exciting career opportunity for Full Stack Software Developers to support an Agile DevSecOps program in the Washington D.C. area. The team will provide development and operations and maintenance for a Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence application in support of DHS Citizenship and Immigration Services. Successful candidates will have strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience.
- Work collaboratively in your team to, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems.
- Participate in major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
- Familiarize yourself with tasks being performed by all teams to have a situational awareness across the program.
• Understanding of software processes and methodologies and ability to speak intelligently about them
• Knowledge of software design patterns.
• Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git)
• Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira)
• Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
• Proficiency with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
• Proficiency with Agile management tools such as the Atlassian suite
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Minimum 75% of their contribution to development efforts (design, develop, test, deploy) in their current and previous experience
• Minimum 3 years of hands on experience with the following: Angular, Spring / Spring Boot, Java, Hibernate, JPA, Mongo or Postgres, Jetty, Microservices, OpenShift, Gradle, Maven, Ant, Junit, Bitbucket, Cucumber, SonarQube, CI/CD pipeline, Jenkins, git, Cloudwatch, Jira, Confluence, Eclipse
• Expertise with DevOps frameworks
• Knowledge of software design patterns.
• U.S. Citizen
• Must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance, at minimum
• AWS expertise/certs
• 508 experience/expertise
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
• PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
• Experience supporting Agile projects for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.