Leidos is actively interviewing for an Information Technology Specialist to join our team at Fort Belvoir VA
This position provides information technology software and hardware customer support to government agency in the national capital region as part of its 24/7/365 Reachback contract.
The successful candidate will be team-oriented and possess strong multi-tasking abilities. The ideal candidate will use applied knowledge to assist in providing customer support and resolve routine, non-complex customer problems with information technology systems (primarily laptops and desktop computers utilizing Windows 10 operating systems).
The candidate will need proven skills to communicate with internal technical or customer service personnel to determine nature of problems to implement resolutions. He/she will document IT problems and troubleshooting procedures, attend on-going training sessions to achieve a higher level of technical skill, and apply skills and experience to gain high level of familiarity with specialized user developed software.
The position requires support occasionally on weekends and during hours outside of the normal duty day.
- Provide level 1 and level 2 helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk
- Monitor Service Desk JIRA for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation with Windows 10 operating system
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software (JIRA)
- Document internal procedures
- Install, test and configure new workstations, laptops, peripheral equipment and software
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Report issues to team members for escalation
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory
- Provide advice and recommendations on hardware requirements
- Perform maintenance and repairs as required
- Participate in configuration control activities
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
- High School diploma or equivalent, and five years of related experience.
- Active Directory certification
- Security + certification (CompTIA)
- Current DoD Secret security clearance
- Microsoft Windows 10 Certification
- Top Secret/SCI security clearance preferred
- Previous experience as a system admin/network engineer/level 2 help desk specialist on a DoD Network.
- Strong organizational skills for managing taskings and reporting status and accomplishments.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.