Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Lucent 5ESS Project Engineer to become a member of team on the DISA GSM-O program supporting DISA Pacific in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Responsible for Engineering and Design of all Switch equipment for multiple Lucent Technologies 5ESS Multi-Function Switch (MFS) and End Office Switchs.
Specific responsibilities to include:
- Responsible for changes to Lucent 5ESS platforms including hardware, software, inter-connecting transport facilities and associated ancillary devices.
- Aid in design, procure equipment and manage Switch expansions.
- Utilize tools, such as NetExpert, Remedy, Callware, Telnet, and systems such as Lucent 5ESS switching platforms, Tellabs Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) and local applications
- Working knowledge of Tellabs STP (Signaling System 7 Signal Transfer points).
- Develop Statements of Work (SOW) and engineering proposals
- Review load capacity and critical triggers, and methodically growth switch components as needed to support growth. Forecast- future switch needs including, but not limited to, SM's, PSU's, Circuit packs, floor-space & power.
- Ensure proper switch expansion to support growth of all platforms.
- Develop and issue planning report for all 5ESS switches.
- Ensure optimum equipment utilization and efficiency.
- Focus on meeting contract deliverables.
- Candidate must have engineering or technical degree and at least 10 years Lucent 5ESS equivalent job experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Candidate must have experience with Lucent 5ESS Switches.
- Must be self-motivated and have ability to complete tasks with little supervision.
- Strong Project Management and Communication skills with the ability to work closely with Team members.
- Required - US Military Security Clearance- Secret Level and Security+ CE Certification.
- Willing to work 24/7 schedule
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.