Leidos is seeking an Energy & Transmission Markets Consultant who is an experienced electricity market analyst and possesses the ability to help expand an existing consulting practice focusing on due diligence related to transmission congestion impacts under Security Constrained Economic Dispatch (SCED). The successful candidate will participate in or lead projects that are involved with: transmission congestion analysis, LMP basis risk, energy curtailment risk, LMP price forecasting, and energy asset due diligence, economic benefit studies, and related analysis to support asset development, risk assessment, and economic studies.
Energy & Transmission Markets Consultant Responsibilities:
• Performs complex electricity market modeling and transmission congestion analysis utilizing the PROMOD market simulation model with security constrained economic dispatch (SCED)
• Analyzing study results to develop study deliverables that provide meaningful and actionable solutions for clients
• Managing client engagements and ongoing client relationships
• Presenting study results and findings to client executives
• Researching key energy market operational processes and current issues/trends
• Conducting business development activities both through internal collaboration and directly with clients and prospects
• Developing and expanding key client relationships
• Effectively and efficiently support projects and project team members working both independently and in collaboration with other colleagues and managers.
• Requires a Bachelor’s and a minimum of 12+ years (or a Master’s degree and 10+ years) of relevant experience within any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Math, Science or Finance, Economics, Business, or related field required
• Relevant experience in energy markets with modeling software such as PROMOD IV, GE MAPS, UPLAN, or Plexos
• Relevant experience in the electricity industry conducting economic studies of conventional and renewable generation
• Proven ability to effectively communicate with both clients and staff
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, with proven ability to lead and communicate project results both verbally and in writing
• Strong knowledge and interest in power markets with solid understanding of basic transmission system operations and nodal (LMP) price formation
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:29
Job Family:Management Consultant Comm
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.