Leidos Corporate Information Security Operations Group has an immediate opening for a Cybersecurity Engineer to join our Enterprise Security Architecture and Engineering (ESAE) team. Ideally, we're looking for someone who can support this from one of the following locations: Reston-VA, Orlando-FL, or Gaithersburg-MD, but we will consider full-time teleworking option for the right candidate.
In this senior technical role, you will support the design, development, and integration of perimeter, Identity, and cloud security initiatives. The ESAE organization works closely with Platform Security Engineering and Operations, Leidos Enterprise Applications, and Leidos Architecture and Engineering to design security into all Leidos Corporate Information Technology projects and programs.
- Act as a technical subject matter expert for the cyber security capabilities used to defend global Leidos networks
- Work with fellow architects and engineers on ESAE to evaluate corporate programs and projects for design vulnerabilities, security best practices that apply, and identify regulatory controls that must be enforced.
- Create cybersecurity designs that meet those requirements.
- Work with Platform Security Engineering and Operations, Leidos Enterprise Applications, and Leidos Architecture and Engineering to ensure technical cybersecurity requirements are defined and met.
- Be a subject matter expert in popular cybersecurity supplier and open source capabilities available to stay ahead of adversaries in cyberspace.
- Support cybersecurity technical roadmaps to drive continuous cyber transformation and improvements in Leidos’ overall defense posture
- Bachelor's degree in related technical field and minimum 8 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of extensive cybersecurity experience in at least one CISSP security domain
- Experience assessing project or programs for security compliance and integrating environments into an enterprise.
- Knowledge of a broad spectrum of security products and ability to conduct analysis of alternatives to onboard new enterprise capabilities.
- Ability to write and verbally communicate information security and risk-related concepts effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrate poise and creativity while working with other architects in different domain spaces to come to a common solution.
- US Citizenship is required and able to obtain Secret clearance.
- Special consideration for information security experience as a DoD and/or Intelligence Community employee or contractor.
- Special preference for previous experience managing or leading a technical team
- Special consideration for experience and comfort in taking strategic intents and driving technical organizational change
- Interest or experience in IAM, cloud or mobile technologies preferred.
- Prefer experience designing/creating architectures for projects or programs with enterprise impact.
- Ability and experience briefing senior level leaders
- Preferred knowledge of common information security management frameworks such as ISO/IEC 27001, or NIST and an understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.