Leidos’s Military and Veterans Solutions Health Group is currently seeking a Department Business Manager to support the Naval Health Research Center’s Warfighter Performance Department in human resources, purchasing, and research & development activities. The Department Business Process Manager will support the department leadership team through development and management of processes and procedures which aim to increase efficiency of the Department’s administrative functions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work to achieve day-to-day objectives including scheduling meetings for Department leadership, vetting phone calls for the Department and Directorate Leadership Team
- Attend command meetings including Science Investigator’s Meeting, Executive Steering Committee meetings, and Captain’s Calls; update the Warfighter Performance Department on current command requirements; create solutions for Department administrative requirements and processes and distribute those solutions to the Department through meetings and training sessions; ensure process solutions are adhered to and provide updates to processes as needed. Process development includes but are not limited to functions such as recall list development, purchase requests and tracking; facilities and IT requests and tracking; training completion and tracking; and building safety requests and tracking.
- Develop an efficient system to manage the flow of Institutional Review Board documents for review and approval; receive and edit Institutional Review Board protocols; provide guidance to the research teams on best practices for such protocols; manage submission of protocols and associated documents
- Develop an efficient system to manage the flow of authored works for review and approval; receive and edit scientific reports, presentations, and manuscripts; return edits back to authors; upon receipt, ensure edits are made and then submit and track in electronic Authored Works system; work with command editing team and reviewers to ensure documents are moved through approval process in efficient manner, in order to meet external deadlines
- Develop an efficient system to manage the flow of department purchase requests for review and approval; obtain purchase requests from department staff; review requests and work with department staff to ensure all needs are captured; determine whether purchases will be made on contract or in-house; create purchase request; obtain appropriate approvals; track purchases and receipt of goods; manage inventory list and ensure required items are barcoded
- Develop an efficient system to manage the flow of support agreements for the department for review and approval; receive support agreement request documents; work with department staff to ensure all information is captured appropriately; submit support agreement requests in electronic system; track approvals
- Develop an efficient system to manage the flow of travel requests for the department for review and approval; receive travel requests and provide cost analysis for travel; provide feedback to traveler and edit documents as needed; submit travel requests for approval in electronic system and track and manage the request in a timely fashion to ensure travel is approved as quickly as possible; communicate travel requests approvals and rejections back to travelers
- Serve as supervisor to contract staff members, assist with development of staff goals, frequently communicate with customer to determine performance of contract staff members; provide performance review feedback to staff; approve timesheets and leave requests
Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, science, or any related field 4+ years’ experience; 2+ years’ experience in a military research setting.
The candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Experience editing and submitting research documents such as Institutional Review Board protocols, support agreements, and scientific reports
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Process
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.