Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Training Project Engineer to join our a large cyber program located at Ft. Meade MD. This program is a very large, multi-year, global effort to improve the DoD's security posture and provide enhanced security capabilities.
As the Training Project Engineer, you will join a ground floor opportunity within a very high profile, quickly evolving Training Program. The responsibilities of this position span all functions of the training evolution, with significant growth opportunity within the team and program. The training program mission and roadmap is currently being documented in a training CONOPS and implementation plan that supports educating DoD personnel in the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for their assigned roles. This position requires an active Secret clearance.
- Direct collaboration with training team, customers, stakeholders, and subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify target audience's training needs; which includes not only content development, but assistance with evolution of the Training CONOPs and roadmap, resulting in opportunities for management of training projects, reporting on progress to various stakeholders, and overseeing related training and project tasks to completion.
- Review status reports and analyze data metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of training performance solutions against business needs and make recommendations for improvement to key stakeholders.
- Propose, design, develop, and deliver/implement a wide variety of training solutions, through collaboration with and guidance from the Training Lead and/or Senior Members of the team, that range from industry standard to creative, new approaches.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least a year of relevant work experience, or equivalent experience/combined education
- Demonstrated successful project management support and experience and effective organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with varying stakeholders within the program
- Confident and results-driven; consultative orientation, people and process/project management capability.
- Adaptability; learns quickly and responds positively to complexity and change.
- Team player with superior people skills and a positive attitude
- Proficient in MS Office with working knowledge of databases
- Knowledge of project management concepts and best practices.
- U.S. Citizenship and an active Secret clearance.
- Proven experience in a training environment, or similar functional area
- Experience with Learning Management Systems
- Experience working on a DoD customer site, previous experience within DISA is a plus
- Ability to collect and analyze data as actionable input to continuous improvement.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.