The Defense & Intelligence Group at Leidos has an urgent need to fill a requirement for a Field Operations Engineer (FOE to perform maintenance and to support military operators of the system at Forward Operating Bases (FOB) in Iraq.
The Field Engineer will be required to assess each location and provide unique system configurations/solutions to ensure operability.
The system being deployed is new and there are no manuals or SOPs available, so the FE will be providing training and developing SOPs for the end users/Army.
Conducts technical analysis of product implementations, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations. Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to company or customer representatives for coordination of product solution. Assesses product needs in accordance with customer specifications. Conducts technical training and product briefing with customers, vendors and company representatives. Acts as local on-site representative to customer's organization.
This position will provide field engineering and technical support services in support of all tasks. This assignment is for a period of up to two (2) months for CONUS training followed by a minimum of one (1) years OCONUS deployment. OCONUS deployment duration may be extended.
Program support may require an extended CONUS deployment for support of test events and demonstrations. This may require travel to additional locations in the CONUS, in addition to planned support of initial systems training in Syracuse. Given the indefiniteness of this requirement, actual CONUS requirements are not fully defined at this time.
While in theater, the FOE workweek shall be 12 hours per day, 7 days per week.
This position will provide technical support of the system in the field which will include but not be limited to installation, preventive and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting, and operator guidance and training. FOE's shall be a “subject matter expert” providing support to assigned Commanders in the following subject areas:
FOE's will effectively perform the following tasks:
- Provide technical support of the system which will include, but not be limited to, troubleshooting, non-radio frequency (non-RF) repairs and testing of failed systems, operator and maintainer guidance, and training
- Recommend \ requisition parts necessary for system repairs.
- Contact OEM to report all failures and service actions performed so that pertinent information can be captured in the OEM’s Customer Service Record (CSR) database.
- Conduct the maximum amount of troubleshooting, fault isolation and repair to the LRU level including circuit card assembly for all fielded systems authorized at his/her level prior to making the decision to elevate to the next higher-level of maintenance
- Take responsibility for preparing systems for operation, system software loading, operator training, and final system operational checks
- Provide on-site technical support to military unit(s)
- Achieve and maintain technical field-level logistics proficiency on the Silent Archer systems
- Assist with the issue \ fielding of systems to U.S. military units to include initial acceptance of systems into theater, system software load, theater data programming, unit \ operator training, system installation, system verification \ operation validation, and the completion of all required documentation to include the following forms: DA 2062, DA 2404, DA 2407, DA 3161, DD 1149, and DD 1348-1A.
- Assist in coordinating the packaging and OEM’s Return Material Authorization process of non-mission capable systems or equipment to the next higher-level maintenance facility (i.e., SRCTec’s CONUS Depot Facility in Syracuse, New York). The Government FRA will be the focal point for turn-in of damaged/failed systems.
Basic Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years of related experience or Master’s Degree and 2 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.Directly related military experience can count year for year to offset degree requirements. FSRs will possess/demonstrate the following skills:
- Expertise in the operation and maintenance of SRCTec s AN/TPQ-50 or 53 LCMR/LSTAR system.
- Expertise in the operation and maintenance of SRCTec s CREW (V4 and V5) Electronic Warfare (EW) system.
- Technically support units in the form of operational system check-outs of repaired systems.
- Experience performing program system updates for new threat software loads and for software upgrades.
- Possess a SECRET security clearance or active within the last 24 months.
- Previous successful deployment work as contractors with the US Military, or US Military experience performing installation, operation, maintenance and training of radar systems OEM (SRCTec) certification and transferable technical knowledge of the system sufficient to perform trouble-shooting, fault diagnosis, and preventive and corrective maintenance and be able to properly operate the system.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 100% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:24/7 12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.