The Leidos AIE team has an opening for Sr. Network Engineer supporting our program being deployed to Army installations in CONUS, AK, HI and PR. Our home base is in Edgewood MD which houses the program team, warehouse operations, system integration lab, 24x7 Help Desk operation, engineering center and full-scale replicas of ACS for installations to include ACP/Lanes and the Visitor Control Center.
Responsible for site and overall system network engineering, settings, topology and integration of site VPNs to the milCloud 2.0 enterprise data center interface, local site network design settings and topology and interfacing with NEC and JRSS personnel in order to establish network connectivity. Also responsible for establishing, setting the network configuration and integrating network systems/components being integrated in the Lakeside System Lab in Edgewood prior to deployment to the installation.
Primary duties include:
- Design and engineering of networks supporting electronic security systems (ESS) and Access Control Systems (ACS)
- Identification of Bill of Material (BoM) and end items to support the installation
- Develop installation process plans and settings for site specific work related to network items supporting ESS & ACS systems
- Install and supervise the install configuration of and implementation of network components by other team security system technicians and subcontractor personnel.
- Conduct testing of installed systems to ensure proper operation. Perform remedial maintenance and troubleshooting to bring inoperative systems back to an operational state.
- Perform the integration of system and device firmware/software as required.
- Responsible for solving complex engineering problems.
- Support program reviews and briefings; identify and report on issues or related problems and potential risks.
- Maintain currency on network and security tools and technologies and provide inputs for white papers and proposals.
- Must possess an active DoD Secret clearance.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree and 8+ years of technical work experience or a Masters Degree and 6 years of technical work experience.
- Requires a Bachelors degree in engineering, IFSM, or computer networks. Work experience and certifications maybe substituted for college degree.
- Cisco certifications desired but not required; knowledge of cisco switches, routers, firewalls and JRSS/TLA communication Government networks.
- This is a “hands-on” position and requires in-field or in-lab experience with design, engineering, installation and testing ESS and ACS systems.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.