Leidos is looking for a Chief Engineer to join an agile team working on a cloud integration, operations, and sustainment program. This position will provide technical guidance to scrum teams in delivering the next generation of Geospatial Intelligence technologies to our customer. The effort will harness GOTS, COTS and Custom technologies to deliver advanced production and dissemination capabilities using desktop, web and cloud technologies. The Chief engineer will work closely with the development teams, internal integration and engineering teams, and various customer stakeholders while being a key technical leader on the program.
- Help determine Architecture runway for program roadmap
- Work closely with customer stakeholders to understand priorities and provide technical recommendations
- Provide technical expertise to agile development and systems/engineering teams
- Help remove blockers and impediments
- Work with customer Enterprise Architecture groups and translate their needs to backlog items
- Coordinate on program work with IRAD
- Key contributor to Engineering Review Board meetings
- Support Prototype and Future Technology efforts
- Support Proposals and Change requests
- Work with external teams to ensure successful integration
- Must currently posses a Top Secret clearance, with ability to obtain a Polygraph post hire
- Amazon Web Services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Agile Development knowledge and experience
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail
- Capacity to work well in groups and the ability to lead a team.
- Requires BS degree and 12 + years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience; or 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- SAFe Agile Certification
- Security+ Certification
- Advanced AWS experience including automation of server standup and maintenance, performance analysis and server sizing/type recommendations
- AWS certification
- Cyber security experience (STIGS, HP Fortify, scans)
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.