The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a COMSEC Manager to work at our Annapolis Junction, MD location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
The selected candidate will perform as a (primary) COMSEC custodian to account for COMSEC materials to support the program and its networks. Must be knowledgeable with national level policy (CNSSI 4005 “National Policy for Safeguarding Communications Security (COMSEC) Facilities and Materials”, CNSSI 4001 “Controlled Cryptographic items, CNSSI 4003 Reporting and Evaluating Communications Security (COMSEC) Incidents”, CNSSI Policy “No 3 National Policy on Granting Access to U.S. Classified Cryptographic Information”) as well as NSA/CSS Policy Manual 3-16. Must have knowledge with the handling and configuration of End Cryptographic Units and fill devices (i.e. AN PYQ-10 (SKLs), KIK 20, RASKL, KG 250/250X, KG 255X, and KG 175D/175G).
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
The selected individual will be responsible for managing over 2000 line items of COMSEC material and automated equipment from receipt through usage and eventual consumption/destruction. Management will include maintaining security throughout receipt, transfer, inventory, accounting, and destruction. The selected candidate will work with Alternate COMSEC Custodians and will assist those Alternates in their daily operations. He/she will complete semi-annual inventories of all equipment handled by hand receipt holders and will support periodic rekey and installation of new devices. In addition, he/she will work with other system and network administrators in configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining network nodes, servers, routers, and firewalls and will be responsible for identifying and correcting hardware and software issues involved with encryptors. He/she will update existing local Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), develop/implement new SOPs as needed, will brief/de-brief users in and out of the COMSEC program, and will ensure that program management and leadership are kept updated on significant developments and events.
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have a minimum of three years’ experience in supporting COMSEC activities.
- Must be familiar with NSA/CSS Policy Manual 3-16, Control of Communications Security (COMSEC) Manual.
- Must have recent experience (within the last five years) with at least 3 of the following:
- Tracking all COMSEC inventory using the Key Management Infrastructure (KMI)
- System Administrator for the KMI Management Client (MGC)
- Providing COMSEC customer support via walk-in, email, telephone, REMEDY, or Automated Messaging Handling System (AMHS)
- Receiving, generating, and distributing electronic keying materials
- Stocking, storing, and issuing keying materials to COMSEC subaccounts and other COMSEC accounts
- Maintaining records and files, reporting security incidents, and providing periodic status reports regarding COMSEC material
- Knowledgeable of the legacy Electronic Key Management System/ Local Management Device/Key Processor (EKMS/LMD/KP)
- Be able to work independently without supervision
- Experience with configuration of HAIPE In-line Network Encryptors e.g. KG-175D, KG-250X.
- Must be able to assist in shipping Cryptographic products up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Must have experience providing assistance to users and optimizing system operations.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in a Security or IT-related field.
- Experience with Network Security Technologies (e.g. Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, Vulnerability Assessment).
- Basic network, system administration, and/or Information Assurance proficiency, to include experience with Windows, switches, and firewalls.
- Network+, Security+, CISSP, or other DoD 8570 IAM/IAT certifications can be beneficial.
- Potential for limited CONUS travel.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.