Leidos is seeking an IT&C Desktop Management Analyst to manage the USAP enterprise-wide workstation-level imaging, testing and vulnerability management program. The Desktop Management Analyst will be responsible for developing and implementing SCCM packages to include standard workstation images and patch management, creating and executing numerous test case scenarios, as well as developing risk mitigation plans to remediate desktop-level vulnerabilities.
In this role, the candidate must have a keen eye for detail and excellent oral and written communication skills. Time management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution will be critical. This position will work closely with IT&C managers, operational support teams and Information Security to ensure a consistent and standardized desktop environment.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
SCCM / Imaging -
- Develop software packages for distribution and installation via SCCM
- Independently evaluate, select and apply standard IT techniques and procedures when creating and modifying SCCM packages.
- Collaborate with Information Security team to develop Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIGs) for desktop-level hardware
- Maintain a catalog of available SCCM packages
Patch Management -
- Maintaining current knowledge of available patches for primary enterprise-wide applications
- Research vendor-distributed patches for 3rd party applications
- Create and distribute patch compliance report on a regular basis
Quality Assurance -
- Develop and execute various test case scenarios
- Create logs to document testing phases and troubleshoot errors
- Report bugs and errors to development team
Vulnerability Management -
- Perform manual STIG and ad-hoc workstation scans on a regular basis
- Document vulnerability data and prioritize remediation efforts
- Provide guidance to all USAP locations regarding remediation efforts
- Generate Acceptance of Risk (AOR) business cases when vulnerability remediation is not an option.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field or equivalent professional experience
- Two years of Senior Desktop Support &/or System Administration experience
- Intermediate knowledge of SCCM and related technologies
- Fundamental knowledge of Windows 10 operating system features and functions to include registry and security settings
- Fundamental knowledge of Group Policy Objects (GPOs) and Active Directory (AD)
- Fundamental knowledge of standard network infrastructure and firewalls
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving aptitude
- Detail oriented
- Advanced time management skills
- Proficient in creating procedural documentation and end user communication (end user notices and publications)
- Positive, professional attitude
- Experience in QA testing environment
- Experience with vulnerability remediation
- Familiarity with Desktop Central, CVS and Bugzilla
- Familiarity with Security Center
PHYSICAL AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Deployment may be required in this position at discretion of management. If required, the individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations, and psychological examination for winter-over positions, as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. Complies with applicable safety, environment, health, and waste management policies and procedure. US citizenship or permanent residency required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.