Supporting the Leidos Flight Service (LFS) program, the selected candidate will be responsible for assisting Quality Management with Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) functions of the Quality Management Plan (QMP). Support all quality functions and staff members across the program while showing a willingness to except new work and a variety of responsibilities in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
• Assist the DCA Quality Assurance Manager with the implementation and administration of the LFS Quality Assurance (QA) Program and support the operational needs of the LFS program. Assist with the maintenance of the Quality Management Plan (QMP) and ensure that all operational personnel meet and adhere to the requirements contained in FAA Order 7110.10 and the QMP. Process and report applicable Performance Measurements (PM). Serve as a member of a team in the gathering, reporting and processing aircraft accidents and incidents, Air Traffic Incidents, and Requests for Information in accordance with Leidos and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) directives. Maintain statistical data and reports in accordance with FAA Order 7210.3. Maintain statistical data and reports in accordance with LM and FAA directives.
• Support training development as a subject matter expert developing, reviewing and modifying existing and new training. Assist the Training Administrator and the DCA Area Quality Assurance Manager with the administration of CDRL 11.
• Assist with the development and delivery of computer based and classroom instruction for aviation weather. Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge for aviation weather to include; Weather Analysis, with an in-depth understanding of weather causes and effects, weather products, the interpretation and correlation of weather products, weather hazards, satellite, radar, proper formats for the provision of weather briefings to pilots and what constitutes a legal weather briefing. Maintain awareness of new and emerging weather related technologies influencing Flight Service and the aviation community.
• Develops deliverable documentation describing policies, procedures and other reference material for the program. Maintains operational databases used in the delivery of Air Traffic services. Participates in negotiations, preparation and execution of Letters of Agreement between LFS and FAA Air Traffic facilities and/or other organizations in accordance with FAAO 7210.3. Conducts research and provides formal interpretations to facility and program management. Participates in the formal document review process. Identifies program and system deficiencies and proposes corrective action. Develops and disseminates special event procedures, briefing guides and graphical aids for large-scale, national events. Actively participates in constructive collaboration between multiple departments. Provides specifications to engineering on user interface to improve product functionality. Position requires extensive interaction and coordination with various agencies such as: FAA, DOD, National Flight Data Center, U.S. NOTAM office, Terminal and Enroute facilities, Airport Managers as well as various state and local agencies.
• May require some travel.
Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• Have working knowledge of FAA Orders 7110.10, 7110.65, 7930.2 and 7210.3
• Applicant must possess exceptional oral and written communications skills
• Hold an FAA Pilot Weather Briefing Certification
• Possess and maintain currency on all Air Traffic Flight Service operational positions
• Have excellent team and project leadership skills
• Possess strong analytical and communication skills; both written and oral
• Ability to communicate complex issues to a diverse audience
• Ability to capture end user requests and needs and communicate those to technical and management resources
• Aviation weather background
• Technical weather knowledge
• Working knowledge of ISD concepts
• Experience in delivering classroom or ground school training
• Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include word, Excel and power point.
• Due to contract requirements, the selected candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
• Meteorology degree or minor in meteorology
• Familiarity with the Quality Management Plan
• Familiarity with Mandatory Occurrence Reporting requirements outlined in FAAO 7210.632
• Familiarity with appendix A of FAAO 7210.634
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.