The National Solutions Operation is currently soliciting highly qualified Quality Control Linguists in various languages to support a DoD customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). QC linguist screeners will work in a dynamic team environment and are responsible for providing quality control and for creating summaries, gists, and full translations.
DESIRED PRIMARY LANGUAGES: Urdu
Each QC linguist will be assigned to specific team functions based on personnel capabilities, qualifications, and aptitude, the direction most conducive successful to operations, and in order to maximize efficiency and media throughput. They may be promoted to new roles after a sufficient period of orientation and familiarization with project activities. QC Linguists may also be given the opportunity to participate in directed training to increase their mission related knowledge, cultural awareness, and linguistic skills.
QC Linguists will work in a dynamic team environment performing various functions including but not limited to:
- Perform at a quality control level, as work may support sensitive missions and briefings for senior officials
- Review the work products of other linguists/screeners to ensure that they adhere to customer standards for quality
- Provide input into potential improvements to existing translation and screening process
- Review/exploit general and technical material source material in the target language to prepare accurate written gists, translations, and/or transcriptions in English
- Scan and process a large amount of material in a foreign language for critical or essential elements of information as defined by the customer
- Provide input to other team members in the production of reports
- Ensure that linguist resources, term bases, and glossaries are updated to reflect customer standards
- Have basic familiarity and understanding of multiple types of computer, audio, and video storage mediums
- Leverage information system skills (i.e., word processing and data entry), Use advance language software programs, and participate in forensic processing
- This exciting position also has the potential to allow linguists, on a temporary basis, to work on specialized projects and/or deploy on worldwide assignments
- BA/BS and/or equivalent formal military training or 5+ years of related work experience
- Achieve a minimum score of an Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) 3 in respective foreign language(s) and 3 in English for Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing - 3+ is preferred
- Ability to write and speak in a clear, concise, and professional manner in the specified foreign language and English.
- Ability to review products for accuracy and correct grammar
- Ability and willingness to provide constructive feedback to peers
- Team player who is able to communicate effectively with colleagues, addresses tasks quickly and efficiently, and collaborates on group projects.
- Demonstrated history of working on screening or translation projects and in maintaining the integrity and meaning of the translated material.
- Ability to quickly scan and process a large amount of material in a foreign language for critical and essential elements of information.
- Ability to conduct and prepare accurate gists, translations, and/or transcriptions of general and technical materials.
- Be proficient in standard MS Office programs, and able to learn customer or job-specific software programs and standard operating procedures.
- Willingness to work periodic shift work to meet mission demands.
- Sufficient technical aptitude to gain a working knowledge on job-required tools and processes (on-the-job and/or formal training will be provided).
- Must currently possess a minimum secret clearance
- Background or experience in the military, DLI, or intelligence community
- Top Secret clearance with current or recent SCI-level clearance a plus
- Proficiency in multiple foreign languages
- Background in DOMEX, translation services, intelligence analysis, and dissemination
- Advanced knowledge of TED or DHDS
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.