Leidos is hiring a Field Service Technician in the Washington D.C. area. This position is a part-time position primarily scheduled afternoon and evening hours and weekends to perform shift work and warehouse duties as needed. Morning hours may be required to cover open shifts. All Field Service Technicians must be a U.S citizen and hold a SECRET clearance. As a Field Service Technician, the candidate will install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain Government Furnished Sensor Equipment (GFE). Candidate will be expected to identify, analyze, and repair product failures; order and replace parts as needed; research and answer government questions about product features, issues and upgrades. Candidate can expect to perform start up testing and government training on features and general maintenance of product.
This position is part of a rapid response, small team that fields environmental sensor equipment at various sites for equipment setup, sample collection, initial processing, and packaging and preparation for lab testing of environmental media at various locations across the United States. In addition to shift work, travel may be required throughout the continental US.
Work hours are subject to change to accommodate the needs of the customer. Candidate can expect to work weekends and/or holidays.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Obtain sensor equipment from storage locations, testing to ensure operational, and transporting them to all required installation site locations.
• Collect environmental media, package and prepare for initial lab testing.
• Schedule and complete all logistical duties to include travel and shipping of equipment in coordination with the customer meeting time sensitive deadlines.
• Track all outbound/inbound shipments with the ability to report on each point of transfer.
• Follow specific step by step instructions set forth by the customer for sample collection and testing.
• Prepare after-action reports, weekly and monthly reports and other program documentation to include equipment diagnostics and shipping records.
• Schedule and conduct Preventive Maintenance at regular intervals; Inspect and conduct basic repairs on GFE as needed.
• Record and publish maintenance and repair status and results.
• Update deployment and warehouse records.
• Secure the DFU equipment upon task completion, package equipment and arrange for shipment back to the storage facility.
• Active SECRET Clearance.
• Ability to work flexible hours/shifts and travel on short notice (up to 50% of the time).
• Bachelor’s degree plus 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Prior experience in field deployments and/or warehousing and logistic operations.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and must be able to work independently.
• Must be able to follow written and oral instructions and carry out tasks safely with minimal supervision and oversight.
• Must have a strong customer focus.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite including the ability to update and write Status Reports and After-Action Reports.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive up to 500 miles during day and night time hours.
• Must be able to fly for minimum up to 6 hours without layover.
• Must possess a REAL ID (compliant ID); and/or a U.S. passport or passport card.
• In order to install and retrieve sensors systems and environmental samples, technicians must be able to access mechanical spaces and or HVAC systems on rooftops in commercial and residential facilities or in manholes to access air intake tunnels. Thus the ability to perform the below functions is required.
-Ascend/descend fixed ladders up to 24’ in height.
-Ascend/descent five levels of stairs without stopping within 2 minutes.
-Work at elevated surface at heights of up to 40 stories for periods up to 30 minutes.
-Walk up to one mile without stopping on uneven terrain in under 20 min.
-Work in small, enclosed spaces for up to 40 minutes multiple times during the shift.
-Bend at waist, kneeling and or squatting for up to 30 seconds at a time 12 times a shift with minimum recovery time.
-Lift heavy (approx. 160 lbs. as a two-person lift) equipment in and out of vehicles (approx. 32 inches high).
• Knowledge in the operation of sample collection systems, field test methods, collection of field data is desired.
• Knowledge of sampling methods and quality assurance procedures as applied to collection, transport, and preliminary processing of environmental samples is desired.
• Experience in field deployment of mechanical equipment and operation.
• Experience in coordinating special event surge support.
• Prior experience and ability to plan a field operation within 72 hours, installing equipment at temporary sites and producing customer after-action reports.
• Basic knowledge of HVAC systems.
• Background in CBRN environment is a plus.
• HAZWOPER certification or HAZMAT training.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:30
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.