Leidos Defense Group is seeking a seasoned Project Manager to lead a portfolio of technical projects in support of a very large, high profile DISA Cyber Program. The PM will perform the work out of the Fort Meade location, with an active Secret clearance. The PM will be responsible for leading the full life cycle of multiple, simultaneous projects of varying sizes and complexity in support of local and regional (CONUS and OCONUS) requirements. May also have purview over Assessments, Studies, Pilots and Emerging Requirements Management.
* Plan, execute, and close projects that meet or exceed customer objectives
* Create clear and attainable project objectives, build project requirements, and manage constraints of cost, time, scope, and quality
* Develop the overall project plan and manage project operations
* Manage the project stakeholders, project team, project risk, project schedule, project budget, and project conflicts
* Ensure team members know and execute their respective roles and the roles of the other team members
* Ensure production schedules are met and system resources are used effectively
* Coordinate resolution of production-related problems
* Ensures proper relationships are established between customers, teaming partners, and vendors to facilitate the delivery of information technology services
* Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams.
* Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
* Directs multiple teams through to project completion.
* Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers.
* Deliverables include CDRLs, weekly and monthly project reporting and project plans.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering/technical discipline from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with a minimum of 12-15 years or more of professional experience; or 10-13+ years with a related Masters. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must hold active and current Secret clearance
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and proven leadership abilities
- Specialized experience to include IT implementations, business or IT process ownership, demonstrated ability to provide guidance and direction for technical, integrated project teams.
- Solid experience in employment of Project Management support for IT environments with globally deployed workforces.
- 10+ years of experience supervising or leading technical teams or projects .
- Proven experience leading project teams in a DoD environment
- PMP certification
- ITIL certification
- Prior DISA experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.