Leidos is seeking an experienced systems Network Engineer to provide future design and engineering support for the Navy's Tactical Networks Program Office (PMW 160) . Preferred experience with Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES), as well as the supported software systems including operating systems, afloat core services, network monitoring, backup and recovery, IA and networking configuration. Must possess an active DoD Top Secret level clearance for consideration.
In this role, you will support daily engineering execution and customer interface activities. The position will participate in systems engineering activities which include one or more of the following: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Resolution. You will be responsible for leading engineering efforts for all systems types working directly with the government senior technical and program leadership.
- Active DoD TS level clearance; SCI eligible desired.
- Bachelor's degree and 10 - 15 years of relevant experience.
- Candidate must have detailed and extensive knowledge of routing and switching capabilities as well as server design, storage and workstations.
- Advanced networking experience to include configuration of Cisco routers and related equipment.
- Demonstrated technical expertise at the systems level.
- Strong technical and leading/management experience.
- Ability to continually adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
- Preferred experience in PMW 160 Program including the HW and SW variants.
- Experience with Government financial and budgeting cycles.
- Experience managing large team with multiple subcontractors.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills to work with clients, team members, and management staff, including both DOD civilian and contractor personnel. Strong computer related skills.
- IAT Level II Certified with COMP TIA Security+ and one of the following OS certifications: Windows, Linux or Networking certification.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.