Leidos is seeking an Embedded Cyber Software Engineer to work in Arlington, VA. The Embedded Cyber Engineer will serve as a subject matter expert, solving cutting edge cyber security problems with a talented multi-discipline team of researchers and engineers. This position will allow you to develop custom software prototypes, transition successful R&D prototypes to customers, and to hone your skills in reverse engineering, vulnerability research, and program/binary analysis.
As a member of the Leidos Innovation Center (LInC), selected candidate will have an opportunity to provide cross support into key LInC technologies, such as, Machine Learning solutions development for Cognitive Electronic Warfare applications. The candidate will research & develop new, state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and implement them across the RF domain (e.g., communications, radar, electronic warfare, spectrum sensing, and signals intelligence [SIGINT]), in both modelling and simulation environments and real time software embed systems.
Candidates must possess an active DoD Secret clearance to start, and must have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance in the future.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Conducting research for the purposes of finding new vulnerabilities and enhancing existing capabilities
• Circumventing security protection methods and techniques
• Reverse engineering complex systems and protocols
• Creating detailed technical reports and proof of concept code to document findings
• Presenting research results to customers
Addition responsibilities to include:
• Designs and develops methods, algorithms, and systems that apply machine learning technologies to support advanced signal processing concepts.
• Works within and leads cross-discipline engineering teams developing, integrating, testing and fielding Cognitive Electronic Warfare systems.
• Supports business capture activities and proposals, by providing technical contributions in the areas of machine learning, advanced signal processing, radar, and electronic warfare.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• 4+ years of experience in computer science, information systems, or network engineering
• Experience programming in Assembly, C, and/or C++ for UNIX and/or Linux operating systems
• Experience programming in Assembly, C, and/or C++ for Windows operating systems
• Experience with UNIX kernel internals and low-level Windows internals
• Experience programming device drivers in Windows and/or UNIX operating systems
• Thorough understanding of memory management concepts (Heap, Stack, Virtual Memory)
• A sufficient level of comfort with the reading and writing of x86 and/or ARM assembly
• Experience with program analysis techniques such as taint analysis, program slicing, symbolic execution, constraint solving, and dynamic instrumentation
• Fluency in binary analysis tools such as IDA Proa, WinDbg, Valgrind, PIN, Panda, and S2E
• Working knowledge of hacking tools and techniques such as memory corruption exploits, rootkits, protocol poisoning, browser-based attacks, DNS poisoning, MetaSploit, nmap, Nessus, etc.
• Understanding of network protocols and experience developing packet-level programs
• Strong experience with mathematical model tools and languages; such as MATLAB, Python, etc.
• Candidates must possess an active DoD Secret clearance
• Experience supporting embedded development projects
• Extensive experience reverse engineering x86/ARM binaries, embedded systems, or malware
• Knowledge of algorithmic complexity and side channel vulnerabilities
• Experience developing in other high level languages, such as Java or Python
• Experience with MATLAB
• Experience with real-time processing
• Experience with Business Development and proposal writing
• Active TS/SCI clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.