Leidos currently has an opening for a Network Security Administrator to work in our Chesapeake, VA location. The desired candidate will utilize their diverse skillset to configure and secure network peripherals, and Linux systems, supporting the site Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) with meeting the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency Risk Management Framework initiative. The Network Security Administrator will possess the ability to ensure the secure implementation of Commercial off-the-shelf and Government Furnished Equipment assets by applying Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) and other security baselines. The candidate will also be responsible for implementing system maintenance and security patches, conduct vulnerability scans, as well as respond to helpdesk tickets at the local site.
- Build, configure and apply security baselines to network peripherals (e.g. routers, switches, firewalls) and other information systems as tasked.
- Conduct weekly security audits on information systems and document anomalies.
- Apply maintenance and security patches, and operating systems upgrades IAW the site vulnerability management operations.
- Operate software programs such as Tenable Nessus and SCAP to detect information system misconfigurations and vulnerabilities.
- Document compliance and security assessments results.
- Detect cyber security incidents and escalate appropriately.
- Respond and provide resolution to helpdesk and incident and tickets.
- Terminate and run Ethernet cable.
- Conduct backups and restoration of information systems.
- Meet project deadlines a requested by the ISSM.
- Bachelor's degree and 4 – 8 years related experience in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or a Master’s with 2 – 6 years of related experience. Additional relevant experience, training, and / or certification may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong experience with Information Security, supporting processes and procedures.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Candidates must have an active Secret clearance.
- Security+ or CCNA Certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Experience with Cisco and Linux.
- Highly desired are security certifications including a Security+, CCNA Security, or CASP.
- Additional desired certifications include CCNA, Linux+, and/or SANS GIAC.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.