Leidos is seeking a Configuration Management (CM) Specialist to partner on a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. This role identifies configuration management activities requirements including HW/SW licenses, cross-domain data transfer, operations training, change and release management, and asset management. Reviews IT systems to document design change and effects, and supports the preparation of reports, coordinate change management boards, and helps obtain any needed customer waivers.
- Follow industry recognized best practices for program management, change management, and configuration control processes to ensure highest quality deliverables and infrastructure performance.
- Identify configuration management documents and processes needed.
- Ensure change documentation is completed.
- Support operational efficiencies and aid in a smooth, secure transition of new, upgraded, or redesigned systems.
- Examine customer problems and help develop solutions to your team members, and then implements appropriate corrective action to initiate a change.
- Support the development and adherence to procedures and policies.
- Knowledge of configuration management best practices.
- Experience providing configuration management.
- Experience documenting and applying basic configuration management processes.
- Experience communicating with team members on processes.
- Experience supervising others. Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP).
- Candidate must have a BS with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- An active TS/SCI with a Poly required for this position.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.