Leidos is seeking a Configuration Management (CM) Specialist to partner on a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. This role leads configuration management and other ITIL activities including HW/SW licenses, cross-domain data transfer, operations training, change and release management, and asset management. Evaluates IT systems to ensure the efficient operation of the function, documents design change and effects, prepare reports, coordinate change management boards, and obtain any needed customer waivers.
- Follow industry recognized best practices for program management, change management, and configuration control processes to ensure highest quality deliverables and infrastructure performance.
- Conduct configuration management design, workflows, documents and processes.
- Serve as an advisor on and ensure change documentation is completed on automation; and interconnection of systems and tools with automated workflows.
- Lead to operational efficiencies, reduce manpower, lower cost, and ensure a smooth, secure transition of new, upgraded, or redesigned systems.
- Maintain multiple systems while driving toward a standardized baseline across all operation systems.
- Examine customer problems, develop and present solutions, and then implements appropriate corrective action to initiate a change.
- Ensure that baseline integrity management can be established within the enterprise.
- Support the development and adherence to procedures and policies.
- Provide basic mentorship to junior team members.
- Higher level knowledge of configuration management best practices.
- Experience providing configuration management on multiple systems and domains.
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Experience reviewing and documenting configuration management activities for a client.
- Experience interfacing with senior management and negotiating with clients on requirements and deliverables.
- Experience supervising others. Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP)
- Candidate must have a BS with 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required in order to be considered for this position.
- Due to the nature of the contracts we support, must be a US citizen
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.