Leidos is currently seeking a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to be located in our Reston, VA office to support approximately 800 employees globally dispersed. The HRBP will report to the Director, Human Resources for the C4ISR Solutions Operation and will join a team of HR professionals.
• The HRBP is responsible for partnering with business operations to ensure a complete understanding of business objectives and resolve HR issues. Has an understanding between the HR strategy and overall business strategy in order to prioritize investments. Will provide strategic partnership and integration to help line managers make informed overarching decisions in the areas of workforce planning, talent management and investments, priorities for talent acquisition, improving productivity, impacting retention, focusing development priorities, and ensuring rewards and redeployment are focused on key growth areas and strategic investments. Serves as a liaison between line management and Human Resources Centers of Excellence to effectively resolve issues, implement and deploy programs, as well as adhere to company policies and mitigate risk.
• Understand workforce trends and critical skill needs, and collaborate with COEs, including Talent Acquisition (TA) and Talent Diversity & Inclusion (TD&I), to meet business needs
• Partner with TD&I to develop a robust, diverse talent pipeline to ensure sufficient ready-now candidates for key positions
• Build leadership capability through mentoring, coaching and development, through partnership with TD&I
• Support enterprise-wide organizational change, and partner with TD&I on team and organization effectiveness within own business
• Assist with growing the business through acquisitions and helping capture teams submit winning and executable proposals
• Support and consult with the leadership on total compensation strategy and initiatives
• Develop and execute employee engagement and retention strategies
• Partner with Workplace Relations (WR) to investigate and resolve employee relations issues and diagnose and resolve trends and systemic issues
• Coach and advise leaders of all levels on managing employee performance
• Develop strong working relationships with all levels of management and employees in order to effectively address employee relations matters, to include conflict resolution, guiding through performance coaching and counseling, and implementing disciplinary actions.
*Please note that this position will initially be located in Chantilly, VA but will eventually transition to corporate headquarters in Reston, VA.
• Bachelor's degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
• US Citizen, and able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
• Experience as an HR Generalist or in multiple HR functional areas.
• Experience in HR disciplines such as talent management, performance management, employee relations, staffing, and/or compensation.
• Demonstrated understanding of employment law.
• Experience using HR metrics to drive business results.
• Demonstrated experience coaching, influencing and building effective relationships with leaders at all levels and employees to affect decisions
• Experience leading workforce through a changing environment.
• Experience in extracting, analyzing, and reporting on a variety of HR metrics with Microsoft Excel, and using them to develop and recommend solutions to leaders.
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities efficiently and effectively.
• Strong business acumen, professional demeanor, and demonstrated ethical behavior.
• Experience working with management of all levels, to include first-level supervisors all the way through to senior-level management.
• Experience in international HR working with a global workforce.
• Must be a team-player and be willing to be hands-on with tactical duties.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess a professional demeanor and have strong consultative skills.
• Must be able to think big-picture and be resourceful in creating solutions.
• Must possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience supporting proposals and acquisitions
• Project Management Skills and the ability to manage a project from start to finish
• PHR/SHRM-CP certification
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills
• Security clearance desired, but must be able to obtain a secret clearance
• Experience with Workday preferred
• Experience working for a Government contractor preferred
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:HR Business Partner
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.