Senior Software Engineer - Air Traffic operations Eagan MN
Leidos is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who will be an integral member of the team working the Microprocessor En-Route Automated Radar Tracking System (Micro-EARTS) program. The Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA’s) Micro-EARTS program is providing capabilities to improve air traffic operations in the National Airspace System (NAS), specifically in the combined en-route and terminal airspace.
• Define requirements for the: design, software development and sustaining engineering support through a product's lifecycle
• Derive requirements to meet customer needs
• Interface with other functional areas to ensure complete understanding of the requirements for complete and accurate implementation
• Develop and maintain the FAA air traffic control software (primarily C/Java) on a UNIX/Linux platform
• Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing FAA requirements
• Write tests for modified and new code to ensure compatibility and stability
• Provide support to systems engineering and test engineering
• Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college and 4+ years of prior relevant experience, or a Masters with a minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience
• Software engineering experience on large software development programs
• Systems and software engineering experience including
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing, and collaborate across team boundaries, and with customers
• Ability to assess system changes and determine system impact
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
• Proficient in the C and Java programming languages
• Experience in the use of UNIX and Linux operating systems
• Strong integration skills
• Strong communication skills
Additionally, the following skills/experiences are preferred:
a) FAA Air Traffic domain knowledge
b) Experience with Leidos Civil System Engineering processes
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.