Directs activities that have significant impact on the achievement of results for the project/function. Work requires a high degree of responsibility for resources, and frequently influences organizational or operational decisions made by leadership. Problems and issues faced are complex and involve limited information. Conducts extensive investigation to understand the root cause of problems. Problems are highly complex and typically involve multiple families, projects, or customers. Communicates with parties within and outside of own project/family, and has responsibility for communicating with diverse parties external to the organization. Negotiates and influences others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches. Manages a project or family which includes multiple teams led by managers and/or supervisors. Responsible for creating workforce and staffing plans for project/family to ensure efficient use of resources. Typically has hiring, firing, promotion and reward authority within own area, in accordance with organizational guidelines. Requires deep management and leadership knowledge to lead cross-family project or program teams or manage across multiple families. Requires deep mastery within a specific technical discipline/area or broad expertise across multiple related disciplines.
- Responsible for the leadership and management of the subcontracts function and staff at an operation level.
- Provide appropriate resources, oversight and evaluation of activities in support of proposals, contracts, negotiations and administration, issue resolution, and risk management, ensuring compliance with Leidos policies, procedures, as well as government requirements.
- Interact regularly with Leidos Operation and Group leadership, project control, finance, business development, as well as senior customer leadership personnel.
- Manage the staff resources as well as the budget across the organization and provide professional/career development opportunities, the setting of near term objectives and individual performance management for the Operation Subcontracts staff.
- Accountable for promoting and maintaining a highly ethical organization, in compliance with Leidos’ policies and procedures, and compliance with all applicable regulatory and contractual requirements that govern the work performed. A critical element of the position is maintaining compliance with our Government approved Purchasing System.
• Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience. Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding contractual issues with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
• Ability to prioritize and manage work activities and staff in a fast paced environment is essential.
• Candidate should possess strong skills in proposal preparation including RFP analysis, development of terms and conditions, and experience in reviewing/negotiating proposals.
• Must have experience with all contract types and a working knowledge of the FAR/DFARS.
• Experience with OCI mitigation, negotiation of Teaming and Non-Disclosure Agreements; and all facets of compliance.
• Excellent written and verbal communication is critical.
• Travel as necessary to participate in Operation and/or Group meetings and interact with Customers in the DC Metro area, Baltimore, MD, Frederick, MD, and Atlanta, GA.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.