- The Government health and Safety Group of Leidos is seeking a functional tester in Baltimore, MD to support the FDA SIRCE contract.
- The SIRCE program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. The program is split into two investments – Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports. Within the SIRCE investment, the Domestics Team is responsible for delivering application support for Domestic Applications that support multiple FDA operations.
- Estimating test case writing and execution effort and keeping track of own and team progress.
- Designing test strategies, test plans, and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications.
- Test case authoring and holding test case reviews with stakeholders.
- Execution of test cases including functional, regression, performance, load and smoke tests for both web applications and database.
- Reporting defects, tracking, validating and closing.
- Recording test results and reporting them.
- 508 compliance test execution and documentation.
- Identifying regression test candidates for automation, planning automation activities across the team and automating test cases.
- Participation in daily scrum meetings, agile ceremonies and weekly test team meetings.
- Participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
- Install, maintain, or use software testing programs.
- Supporting our metrics program by keeping track and gather metrics on all activities.
- Support UAT activities.
- Support end of sprint demos, user acceptance testing, and solicit feedback from FDA on test artifacts and processes.
BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• At least 4 years of experience performing as a software tester
- Strong front end interface testing with emphasis on user personas.
- Experience with SQL server and experience with writing and executing backend tests using SQL
- Experience with drafting test plans and test cases
- Some experience with web services and API testing
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile-Scrum development methodology
- Experience with gathering metrics and monitoring progress
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- US Citizenship or US Person (Green Card Holder) is required and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance to get a Health and Human Services / Health Resources and Services Administration badge
- Understanding of FDA’s EPLC Process
- Experience with test automation
- Experience with HP Load Runner and/or jMeter
- Experience with section 508 testing
- Experience with HP ALM, Subversion, JIRA
- Familiarity with Windows, LINUX, WebLogic, Oracle DB, PL/SQL, SoapUI
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.