Leidos is seeking an Executive Secretary/Admin for a position in Springfield. Must currently possess an active TS/SCI Clearance level security clearance and be willing to obtain a Polygraph to be considered.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum of 8 years relevant experience, Associates Degree and a minimum of 10 years relevant experience or High School Diploma with minimum of 14 years relevant experience.
Qualified candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Proven experience in the secretary profession directly supporting an office environment with senior leadership personnel serving in the grades of SES/DISL or at the Flag Officer level
- Strong foundational knowledge and understanding of the Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC)
- Strong professionalism with the ability to consistently demonstrate tact and maturity in all situations
- Strong interpersonal and/or soft skills, and office etiquette to facilitate professional relationships and support efficient execution of all office administrative requirements; and realize a positive customer oriented service experience by internal/external office personnel, customers, and visitors.
- Strong teaming and collaboration skills that foster office unity and cohesiveness in support of completing office administrative requirements
- Capable of independently handling a large, complex workload, effectively coordinating multiple resources, and multi-tasking in a fast paced environment having competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written with the ability to articulate and exchange information (i.e., requirements, actions, needs, status, etc.) in a professional tone and attitude to achieve efficient business rhythms; and produce professionally written emails, letters, documents, and other material that is succinct, coherent, uses proper tone, demonstrates proper grammatical use of the English language, and presents proper format/form per established corporate/office guidance
- Exceptional office and work organization skills that facilitates a neat and orderly presentation of the work environment and administrative activities
- Understanding of and prior experience in applying office protocol and staffing requirements at the senior leadership level
- Strong analytical skills to anticipate and proactively assist leadership personnel and staff with day-to-day business rhythms and administrative support requirements
- Able to independently apply mature judgment and initiative to determine approach and action to take in both routine and non-routine administrative situations
- Creative and innovative techniques for performing administrative responsibilities that enhances office workflow processes and business rhythms
- Interpret and adapt guidelines with minimal assistance, including unwritten policies, precedents and practices that are not always completely applicable to a changing situation
- Strong working knowledge of office information technology (IT) equipment (e.g., copiers, scanners, facsimile machines, computer workstations, phones, teleconference/video teleconference equipment) with the ability to independently operate such equipment in completing administrative tasks
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook: Mail, Calendar, and File Functions) with the ability to independently use these applications to efficiently complete office administrative tasks
- Proven self-starter with the ability to independently and accurately complete all assigned administrative work requirements
- Strong typing skills with the ability to type at a minimum of 45 words per minute (wpm)
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Working knowledge of administrative processes and business rhythms
- Knowledge of Military and administrative support requirements at the Flag Officers as an executive officer or staff officer
- Proficient working knowledge of the following corporate applications:
2. Defense Travel System (DTS) with knowledge of the Joint Travel Regulation (JTR)
- Process improvement planning and implementation
- Establishing and managing office spend plans for travel, supplies and awards
- Administratively supporting the planning, coordination and execution of visits, events, luncheons, and other office functions as required
- Prior experience with presentation techniques and building briefing slides
- Possess a working knowledge of the internal coordination and approval processes
- Working knowledge of Access database Knowledge of NGA correspondence manual
- Working knowledge of File Plan requirements for DoD
- Possess a working level understanding of agency corporate processes
- Experienced in setting up and maintaining office-filing systems (hardcopy and softcopy) using specified format and structure
- Ability to schedule, coordinate, set-up, and operate Video Teleconference (VTC) equipment; and this include teleconferences
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.