The Leidos Defense Group has an immediate career opportunity for a Junior Cyber Security Defense Engineer in support of the AFINC II contract based at Montgomery, Alabama.
This position is for the highly visible 26th Network Operations Squadron (26 NOS) at Maxwell Air force Base-Gunter Annex, Alabama, which provides a world-wide support mission. The 26 NOS is responsible for the intranet support of the entire Air Force network. The mission of the 26 NOS is to operate and defend the Air Force (AF) Enterprise computer network consisting of the AF Wide Area Network (WAN) routers, AF Network Increment 1 (AFNET Inc 1) Gateways, and the 26 NOS Local Area Network (LAN) assets.
The Cyber Security Defender manages the Air Force AFINC Boundary Protection devices to include IDS/IPS, Firewalls, VPNS, malicious code response across the Air Force Enterprise.
- Performs enterprise systems security operations to ensure 100% effective AFINC security status across the enterprise.
- Performs complex analytics on boundary protection systems to protect system assets from compromise, data loss, and other requirements.
- Experienced in DOD boundary protection and CSSP operations.
- Responds and mitigates risks and malicious code, classified incidents, CTO orders, etc.
- Perform work within the defined SLAs
- Work closely with other support and development teams
- Create and update documentation where required
- Work independently and as a team member
- Support on-call rotation schedule
- Cross train capabilities with other team members
- BS and 2 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with some prior relevant experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must have an active Secret Clearance
- One of the following IAT certifications: Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, or SSCP (or ability to obtain within 60 days)
- Must have the Palo Alto Ace certification.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.