Leidos is looking for a Software Developer Technical Management position for a Sustainment Contract. Program provides sustainment support for Mission-Critical Intelligence alerting, exploitation, and reporting capabilities. We are seeking technical, self-motivated Software developers, to be versatile and flexible to changing priorities from our customers. Candidates must work well in an Agile Scrum environment. Task and team-oriented driven, initiative, independence, and inquisitive skills are a necessity.
The candidate must be able to hold a government security clearance for access to classified information.
- Design, Build, Test software upgrades and modifications
- Troubleshoot software and system issues in a SAFe Agile scrum team
- Use technical expertise to suggest environment and process upgrades
- Implement COTS, and other third party, product updates
- Use experience and management skills to track tasking and status of Junior and Senior developers on program across geographically separated areas (DC, Tucson)
- Provide status updates to Leidos and Government Program office to ensure software releases are ready for testing prior to deliver to the test organization, and verify team stays on schedule with code freeze, test procedures, testing, SWAP approval submissions, release schedules, readiness reviews, and deployment of software
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related discipline and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience; OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Must currently possess an active Top Secret Clearance; with ability to obtain SCI
- Software engineering and development experience with Java and/or C++
- Experience with code repository, (i.e. GIT/SVN)
- Experience with Windows, Solaris/Linux OS (scripting, command line)
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills, with the use of debuggers
- Experience working with and troubleshooting Mission Critical applications
- Experience with C++ or Spring framework
- Knowledge of, exposure and/or experience working with software design patterns and Java Web Application Development.
- Knowledge of Oracle, Postgres, SQL, and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of/or experience in software development on agile teams using Agile Developer practices such as Pair Programming, TDD, Refactoring, and ATDD.
- Experience with Perl and Python
- Experience with SAFe Agile of other Agile SW development methodologies
- Experience with Subversion/JIRA
- Experience working in AWS Cloud architecture and/or application transitions to the Cloud
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.