Leidos has an opening for a Senior Business Development Professional in the National Capital Region (Maryland, Virginia or Washington, DC).
It is our mission to improve the health status and safety of our nation’s citizens, soldiers and retirees by growing Leidos’ presence and delivery of systems integration, data analytics and health services to Health and Human Services Operating Divisions (OpDivs), such as CMS, NIH, FDA, CMS, HHS and other agencies engaged in health safety and care provision. This role will be a senior member of a highly talented and integrated team of broad-based professionals, fostering an environment of innovation and use business oriented data –driven solutions to deliver strategic change. Candidate should be highly knowledgeable and experienced in the areas of healthcare modernization and transformation; program management and implementation; quality measurement and improvement
- Identify new business opportunities using various resources and personal knowledge of the customer environment
- Shape and win new business through a balanced focus on customer value, the competitive environment, and the corporation's best interests
- Lead efforts to secure new, re-compete or task order contracts/business from identification through qualification, capture, proposal and wins
- Develop account strategy, opportunity strategy, and capture strategy, including business solutions; identify potential customers, competitive assessments, teaming suppliers, and price-to-win; participate in bid and proposal activities
- Lead and integrate the assigned cross-functional team and authority to direct team activities for the duration of the pursuit
- Maintain ongoing interaction with the line organization
- Manage the pipeline
- Report status, strategy and needs to various levels of management
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 12-15 years of prior relevant experience, or Master’s Degree with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience
- Aptitude for strategic planning, financial analysis, capture management, teaming and negotiations
- Business development experience in federal government contracted, including the ability to identify, capture and win multiple specific large and medium sized opportunities
- Aptitude for milestone/EPP process; to include opportunity identification, developing business cases, and capture management
- Superior communications skills, including written, verbal, and presentations
- Ability to conduct polished, professional and savvy communications with customer stakeholders
- US Citizenship required, must be able to obtain a Public Trust government security clearance.
- Deep technical understanding of agile software development, data analytics, and infrastructure support
- Experience in healthcare, public health, public policy, or health research domains
- Possess experience and existing relationships with multiple specific stakeholders within HHS OpDivs
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.