Leidos is actively interviewing for a Systems Maintenance technician to join our team in Virginia Beach.
Leidos is seeking a System Maintenance technician for our customer site in Virginia Beach, VA. The candidate will be a member of the Advanced Information Systems Integration Team (AISIT) as a Cryptologic Maintenance technical expert, and mentor.
• Support to Ship’s Signal Exploitation Space (SSES)-equipped surface combatants as part of AISIT. This consists of performing advanced interface and software troubleshooting on naval information systems and mentoring active duty technicians as needed during the ship’s Optimized Fleet Response Plan (OFRP).
• Assist with diagnosing naval information system problems, working with distance support, providing feedback, and supporting system testing.
• Communicate effectively in visual, oral, and written form.
• Establish and maintain professional credibility.
• Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
• Maintain and author job performance aids and provide feedback to technical documentation.
• Bachelor of Science degree and 7+ years of prior relevant experience.
• U.S. citizen with current DoD TS/SCI with Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph preferred.
• Recent Operational experience in Ships Signals Exploitation Space (SSES) aboard CG, DDG, or LPD class ships.
• An in-depth understanding of SESS equipment. Should be familiar with Ship Signal Exploitation Equipment (SSEE) Increment E/F, Access D4.
• Familiar with the Cryptologic Carry On Program (CCOP), Naval Information Forces mission, roles, and functions, and the OFRP. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• U.S. Navy NECs 9103 (Fleet Cryptologic Systems Maintenance Technician).
• U.S. Navy Group-Paced Instructor (NEC 9502) or civilian equivalent.
• Designation as a Master Training Specialist (MTS) or CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+)
• Experience developing instructional materials and job aids (be able to provide examples)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.