Leidos Capture Operations & Excellence is looking for a highly motivated individual to fill the Business Development (BD) Training Coordinator position. This job involves performing all administrative functions and managing the logistics for the corporate-wide BD training program, which currently includes 10+ instructor led training classes and more under development. Regular job responsibilities include scheduling and managing course offerings (planning dates, reserving rooms, ordering food, etc.) and student communications (logistics emails, class invites, providing materials, responding to inquiries, etc.) Other responsibilities include managing Workday training entries, assisting with course content creation/formatting, summarizing class surveys, and creating training reports. The successful candidate will work directly with the Capture Excellence Lead for BD Training and have the ability to work independently in the performance of the job duties. A self-starter with the ability to take initiative will have opportunities to expand into other capture excellence areas.
- Support all BD training logistics (planning, scheduling, communications, materials preparation, etc.)
- Work with Capture Excellence Training Lead to coordinate course schedules and logistics
- Issue student invites with all details and logistics – track acceptances and virtual vs onsite
- Reserve rooms and ensure building access for students (maintain and adjust as needed)
- Respond to student inquiries as needed
- Coordinate with training staff for correct data entry into Workday
- Order lunches and refreshments
- Assist with preparing materials for each class (hard copies + access to soft copies)
- Attend classes as needed to ensure details come together (e.g., badges, facilities, technology, etc.; average 1 class per week)
- Close out classes in Workday
- Maintain class schedule in BD Training Center
- Assist with development and maintenance of training materials
- Assist with formatting and improving PowerPoint presentations
- Maintain master files on Vector site
- Support BD training reporting
- Summarize course surveys
- Evaluate better means of collecting results
- Assist with preparing the quarterly Group training reports
- Enter scores into database to assist with tracking training quality over time
- Support BD training outreach
- Maintain current email distros
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years of related work experience or 15 years of related experience in lieu of degree
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, sound decision-making and prioritization ability, and attention to detail
- Superior planning, scheduling and coordinating skills
- An upbeat, positive, outgoing and personable demeanor with the ability to interact and relate well with CE coworkers, students, and other Leidos contacts
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a commitment to completion of projects on a timely basis
- A desire to learn and work within a team environment
- Some local travel will be required to support class events
- Must be a US citizen
- Experience with training techniques and processes
- Competent with process improvement techniques and principles
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.