The Civil Group of Leidos is seeking a Principal Contracts Administrator in our Vista, CA office.
The Principal Contracts Administrator will provide overall contract compliance of assigned tasks in accordance with contract requirements, company policy and procedures, and applicable laws. Candidate must be able to work independently as well as part of a team of contract professionals supporting proposal preparation and a portfolio of contracts.
- Provide the oversight and evaluation of major proposals, monitoring major contracts, lead or assist in key negotiations, resolve performance issues, identify risks and associated mitigations, ensure compliance with Leidos policies, procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
- This role will lead full life cycle (“cradle-to-grave”) contract management activities.
- Portfolio will include federal, international, commercial, and municipal contracts.
- Provide advice and counsel to Group counterparts and less experienced Contracts staff.
- Regularly interact with programs, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers as required.
- Attend early capture sessions to determine specific information and requirements in order to apply the correct contracts skills, techniques, methods and resources for the group thus meeting Leidos’ as well as the customer’s expectations and objectives.
- Develop or review prime contract flowdown documents to ensure compliance with prime contract requirements and to minimize company liability.
- Support internal/external audit activities as well as data request from internal / external customers.
Usually requires a BA Degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of related experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Expert knowledge within government contracts arena including proposal support.
- Proven experience addressing complex contractual issues required.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including experience negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Must have experience with all contract types and a working knowledge of FAR/DFAR.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding Contracts issues with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Ability to establish relationships internally and within the Leidos community.
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
- Currently hold OR ability to obtain Department of Defense Secret Level Security Clearance.
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Experience managing contracts with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and/or Transportation Security Administration (TSA) preferred.
- International experience preferred.
- Fluency in multiple languages a plus.
- Experience with import/export duties.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.