The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Business Analyst to support a contract supporting the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
The Business Analyst will have significant analyst skills to support the client’s technical needs, including requirements gathering, data collection and analysis. Ideal candidates will have a solid understanding of custom application development and grants data.
- Responsible for ownership, control and maintenance of the product backlog
- eliciting functional requirements from the customer
- translating technical stories from the developers and ensuring that they are understandable at a high level to non-technical people
- Placing requirements into JIRA for estimation and tracking
- Updating requirements with clarifications as needed
- Responsible for customer meetings that involve requirements and product needs, including demonstrating completed backlog items for acceptance; managing customer requirement expectations
- Responsible for the refinement meetings with the development team
- Responsible for the product vision, and long term planning
- Responsible for facilitating all sprint ceremonies
- Responsible for project specific documentation
- Ability to write technically
- Peer reviews
- Meeting notes for team and customer distribution
Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent based on evaluation of academic credentials, training and/or experience) as well as 8+ years of related business analysis/requirements gathering or 6 years and a Master’s degree.
- 8 years’ experience in a Business Analyst or Requirements Analyst role.
- Knowledge and or Experience with Agile Development
- Demonstrated knowledge of all business analysis practices with emphasis on business requirements gathering, facilitation, testing and work flow analysis
- Experience with business process modeling/mapping, use case modeling and sequence flow diagramming
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Visio, MS Project and the MS Office suite
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand technical concepts and systems
- Ability to obtain/maintain Public Trust Clearance.
- Knowledge of Jira (or similar bug tracking systems)
- Knowledge of HHS Grants Management
- Knowledge of CMMI L3 or ITIL Foundation experience
- Possess a strong understanding of the English language with excellent written and oral communication skills
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.